Recognizing employees is vital! It only takes a moment to recognize someones great
work and to acknowledge them for their work. Tell employees when they're doing well
throughout the year!
Use our information recognition ideas to tell employees when they are doing well.
Formal employee award programs are listed at Employee Recognition. See also: Team Building.
Join Red Devil Wellness in expressing gratitude, promoting team building, and brightening
up someones day with a Pay-it-Forward greeting card. Card recipients can send a copy
of their card to HR to be entered into a drawing at the end of the year. One entry per card, 2017-18 year.
More Recognition Ideas
Easy employee recognition ideas you can implement right away!
- Lunch or coffee with the boss
- Fun certificates
- Team potlucks
- Verbal praise
- Generosity with time
- Hand-written notes/cards
- Professional development ideas
Tips for Effectively Recognizing Employees
When giving recognition, it's important that you are:
- In the moment - be timely with your recognition! Acknowledge it right after it happens and make
sure you're descriptive when you do!
- In context - tie their recognition to the purpose and/or mission of the college! Let them know
how their work impacts LCC as a whole.
- Appropriate in volume/scale - recognition must match the effort and the results or it loses meaning
- Authentic, not automatic - make sure your recognition is sincere and thoughtful
- Tailored to each employee - this is huge! Depending on their generation, work style, personality, etc. employees
have a very different perception of value. The type of recognition that works for
one employee may not work for the other. Figure out how your employees prefer to be
Another great way to recognize employees is through their Employee Evaluation. See
Performance Evaluations for more information.