Performance evaluations are a vital part of an employee's success at LCC.
Don't wait until an issue occurs to conduct an employee evaluation! Top performers like feedback, including constructive criticism and suggestions for improvement, too! Performance evaluations are an opportunity to:
- Praise your employees
- Tell them where they're doing their best work
- Share where they can improve
- Evaluate completion of previous goals
- Identify and set achievable future goals
- Learn if they are getting everything they need from you as their supervisor
- Set them up for success at LCC
Evaluation Forms and Schedule
Evaluation forms for Administrators, Exempt employees, Classified employees, and part-time employees listed on the Forms A - Z page. Tip: select 'HR' tag to filter by Human Resource forms only, or search by keyword.
- Exempt employees: every other year (although annually is recommended).
- Classified employees: annually.
Evaluation Tips and Tricks
- Don't put any surprises in the evaluation. Conversations about any issues should take place when the issue occurs.
- Be open and honest.
- If an employee is a poor performer, be sure to find positive things to include in their evaluations.
- Set reasonable goals for employees.
- Review and update job descriptions when you're conducting evaluations.
- Add evaluation due date reminders to your calendar.