Why the Lecture-Only Teaching Model Doesn't Work
- Physicists Seek to Lose the Lecture as Teaching Tool, NPR, January 1, 2012
- Don't Lecture Me, Emily Hanford for American RadioWorks
Encouraging Student Participation
- Assuring Participation of All Group Members
- Complete Guide to Seminaring
- Seminar Conduct Guidelines
- Seminar Group Participation Evaluation
- Please see Course Syllabi and Office Hours
- The Chronicle of Higher Education - weekly publication with news articles, latest research findings, opinions and job openings nationwide.
- Washington Center for Improving the Quality of Undergraduate Education - promotes interdisciplinary and curriculular integration. Highly recommended for faculty considering teaching in a learning community.
- University of Oregon Teaching Effectiveness Program - resources for improving instruction.
- City College of San Francisco Teaching and Learning Center - links to teaching and learning strategies, basic skills best practices, and research sites.
- Faculty Development Associates - online teaching resources, from Plagarism Detector to MIT's Open CourseWare.
- Fresno City College - guide to developing student learning outcomes.
- Honolulu Community College - collection of teacher resources.
- League For Innovation - Getting Results - six module professional development course for Community College Educators was funded by the National Science Foundation.