The mission of the Data Governance Committee is to support the accuracy and validity
of data collection, reporting, and analysis at Lower Columbia College and to provide
guidance for maintaining the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of data
throughout its life cycle.
The purpose of the committee is to:
- Review, develop, and recommend policies, procedures, and standards for maintaining
the confidentiality, accuracy, consistency, and availability of data entered and extracted
from college systems.
- Recommend processes, procedures, and solutions to resolve issues with data coding.
- Review, develop, and recommend policies, procedures, and standards for appropriate
data access by users.
- Evaluate staff requests for information access in order to promote data security.
- Promote data awareness and use.
- Promote common data definitions and the common use of data in reports used for analysis
- Facilitate communication among data users to reduce time spent on data extraction
and analysis, share and encourage best practices among data custodians.
- Promote a culture of evidence.
- Ensure that all legal and regulatory requirements regarding the collection, use, storage,
release, retention, and destruction of data are met.
Learn more by viewing the Procedural Template for the Data Governance Committee.